08/06/2016

Back to the shed...

In May I was back making in a shed in front of a gallery audience thanks to an invite to be included in a project called 'Shed Space' at Arts in the Old Fire Station, Oxford. This involved me working in residence within the shed, (which had a beautiful living roof) for the weekend. I also ran a workshop within the gallery for visitors and ran three wire sculpture sessions with Crisis members in the weeks prior. 

For my residency I decided to take inspiration from S. Tyzack and Son Ltd. 1908 catalogue, making wire tools taking reference from the beautiful old tool illustrations. This is the first time I have used illustration in such a direct way. I thought it was interesting how I ended up 'drawing' the wood grain, something I wouldn't usually do when looking at a real tool. 








  
There are different makers every Friday and Saturday working in the shed, till 2nd July 2016, for more information click here